Sunday, December 11, 2011

Holiday Gift Guide: PaloVia!


I am a big fan of microdermabrasion, chemical peels, collagen, and Botox. I've had them all before and I know I'd do it all again...someday. I'm 36 and I am just starting to get a few lines around my eyes. I hate using retinol creams because they really irritate and dry out my skin. Recently, I tried another option and I am thrilled with the results! I was sent a PaloVia Skin Renewing Laser to use and I began seeing results after two weeks. I'll be taking after pictures soon-stay tuned for my results! The PaloVia Laser is unlike lotions and creams, which are most effective on the skin's outer layer. The PaloVia laser for eye wrinkles also works below the surface where wrinkles form. Short pulses of micro-fine laser light reach deeply into the skin's sub-layers, treating the aging support structure. Then the body's natural healing process sweeps away older, damaged tissue and rebuilds it with fresh, new collagen and elastin- the crucial building blocks of smooth, youthful skin. It's better for the lines around my eyes (in my opinion) than fillers and Botox because those need to be repeated every 6 months or so and they can be much more painful! Each 3 - 4 minute treatment with the PaloVia laser affects only a fraction of the skin. Although that may not seem like much, this technique keeps the outer layer of skin in place, for faster healing and recovery. Over 30 successive days, the coverage builds as more of the skin is treated. The results are natural-looking, but dramatic. Because, remember, with each laser treatment for eye wrinkles, the PaloVia laser does what no other cream, lotion, filler or injectable can – stimulate the healthy generation of new collagen and elastin to reverse the signs of aging.
Does it hurt? Not really. I've used laser hair removal so I knew what to expect. It feels like a rubberband snapping your skin. It gets better over time, as you grow accustomed to the treatments.

To use, follow these steps:

Preparation

Cleanse the skin around your eyes and make sure it is completely dry. Apply a thin layer of PaloVia Pre-Treatment Gel around both eyes.
Treatment

Starting with the area beside your eye, treat each wrinkle with a series of 3-second "application stamps." The first application stamp should be at the start of the wrinkle nearest to the eye. In general, you will use 6-8 applications around each eye.

Post-Treatment

After treatment, you should continue to use moisturizing skincare products. Daily use of a sunscreen with SPF 30 or greater is also strongly recommended.

*The PaloVia Skin Renewing Laser has been FDA-cleared to treat fine lines and wrinkles around the eyes (periorbital wrinkles).

Each treatment (including pre and post treatment) took less than fifteen minutes, start to finish! My skin was red after each use. I took a cool facial cloth and held it under my eyes for about five minutes the first three times I used the laser. This took some of the sting away and it helped with the redness. The pain was gone within ten minutes and the redness was gone within a few hours. Keep in mind, my skin is fair and sensitive! While using the PaloVia Laser, the "pain" was bearable and it didn't compare to the pain I've experienced with Botox (on my forehead and between my eyes) which felt like an attack by bees. I am really excited about my results and I will be posting updates again soon!

Disclosure: I was sent the PaloVia Laser in order to complete this review. No monetary compensation received.

No comments: