Friday, December 9, 2011

Holiday Gift Guide: Gardener's Supply Company


We love to entertain, especially during the holidays. My husband creates great meals (with my help of course!) but he is always a little late getting everything out of the kitchen. I always make sure we have plenty of appetizers to keep everyone happy. We have always wanted a wood tray or board for serving. When I saw this Teak Serving Board from Gardener's Supply Company, I had to have it. It's a slice of teak and it is so nice! Simple and beautiful, this crosscut teak serving board reveals intriguing patterns of growth rings, each representing one year in the life of the tree. It's handcrafted in Costa Rica from sustainably harvested teak and each purchase helps protect and restore tropical ecosystems. The board is generously sized and the perfect serving board for appetizers, cheeses and more! Ours is beautiful on top and bottom. There is one small, filled hole (in the middle of the board) and yours may or may not have similar irregularities. I think this adds to it's beauty and I love that each is unique! The teak is as smooth as silk. The edges are also smooth and just as beautiful as the top (or bottom) of the board. It can be used for cutting, but I wouldn't dare! It's easy to maintain and a small amount of food safe oil really brings out the luster of the teak! I am really looking forward to our upcoming parties when I can finally serve cheese and other appetizers on this beautiful board. It's large enough to hold an assortment of appetizers for a small crowd! It's also the perfect $50 gift for anyone who loves to entertain!
Disclosure: I received this board in order to complete this review. No monetary compensation received and honest opinions given.

No comments: