Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Nuttin' But The Good Stuff!



Visit south Georgia in late August and you will see farmers on their tractors turning peanuts over to dry. Peanuts are a big part of southern life. We have peanut candy, peanut festivals, and peanut queens, and juicy boiled peanuts are sold on many rural highway intersections and numerous roadside stands in between. I remember going to school and passing a peanut company that would grind/roast peanuts daily. The entire town smelled like peanut butter! I love peanut butter. I usually hate natural and organic peanut butter. Why? Have you ever noticed that thick layer of oil sitting on top? That turns me off before I can think about stirring it all together. After I do dig in and begin to stir, the consistency is still terrible. Lumpy goo, some spoonfuls are over saturated with oil while others could really stand at least another stir. A while back, I was sent a jar of Earth Balance Crunchy Peanut Butter. Opening the jar, I noticed that the peanut butter wasn't hidden under a layer of oil. The peanut butter seemed to be even in consistency. I dipped my spoon into the container and pulled out enough to taste. The peanut butter was creamy and rich, a little salty, with a good amount of crunchy peanuts. I loved the sweet and saltiness of it and I began thinking that it would be a great center for those holiday peanut butter balls that my family loves! Peanut butter balls are dipped into rich milk/dark chocolate! They are divine! Next, I scooped out a bit and slathered onto a piece of bread. It spreads easily! Earth Balance Peanut Butter is a Vegan delight! After they roast and grind the peanuts, they blend in their own expeller-pressed oils to add extra nutritional value and natural stability to the peanut butter, so there's no need to stir. With flaxseed for ALA Omega 3's and natural agave syrup as a delicious, light (and low glycemic!) sweetener, the result is a deliciously fresh-tasting, convenient, and nutritionally superior peanut butter you're sure to love. It is available in both creamy and crunchy styles. Try Earth Balance Peanut Butter, and check out their other great products too!

No comments: