Thursday, December 6, 2012

Plow & Hearth: Celebrate The Holidays!

Every time the temperature drops outside, my husband always bring wood in for me and he gets a fire ready to light. It's wonderful, but until now, he's always stacked the extra logs on the hearth. It makes me cringe because our hearth is onyx, and it scratches so easily. He has to be very careful when he stacks the wood and I have to be careful when I put logs on the fire. Recently, Plow & Hearth solved my problem when they sent me a gorgeous copper finished firewood tub. I received the large tub and I think I'm going to order the smaller tub because I love the set. My firewood tub is slightly too big for this area, but I really don't mind. Since it holds more wood, I don't have to go out as often to get more! The tub is really beautiful to look at and it seems to be well made. I think it would make a great ice bucket for parties too! If you are using it for firewood, it holds a lot! The only thing it doesn't have is a felt covered bottom, so I added a few felt strips for protection. The bottom isn't flat, so I don't think the felt is even necessary. Plow & Hearth has so many wonderful things for the fireplace! Last year I received a Saf-T Grate and it's holding up well. My original grate warped after a season and this grate still looks new, minus the ashes covering it. It keeps the wood together so it burns better. It's self feeding so I also use less wood. During the winter, we like to use our pie irons and make hot sandwiches. They were a gift from my mother-in-law years ago. I think they are fun and the kids love them too! Plow & Hearth even has the greatest accessories and tools to simplify getting the fire started, which was always a challenge for me. If you have trouble getting fires to start, we've used a firestarter for years! I've given out three as gifts in the last three years and I am going to buy another one for downstairs! They have worked every time!
Disclosure: I received a copper finished firewood tub for this review. A favorable review was not required and other product mentions were not requested.

No comments: