Saturday, December 15, 2012

Big League Chew

I remember getting big league chew as a kid and I loved it! I can't remember when I had my first "pouch" but it had to be when I was around five or six. It was my favorite gum. I loved the soft texture of the shreds of gum and I would chew a handful of it until I couldn't taste it anymore. It seemed like the flavor lasted forever! The gum didn't get hard to chew either, so my jaw didn't hurt it if I decided to chew it all day. I could blow the largest bubbles and they didn't pop and stick to my face! I did however make the mistake of falling asleep with it in my mouth. That only happened once! A few weeks ago, I was searching online for this special gum to put in my kid's Christmas stockings. I like getting them things that I had when I was a little girl. It brings back so many memories and that is one of the things that make Christmas so special to me. I love being with my family. It seems like it's the simplest gifts that bring the most joy. Maybe one day my kids will buy Big League Chew for their kids, and they'll tell their kids how it was a special treat when they were younger, and that their "grandmother" used to love it when she was a little girl. I hope it stays around for a long, long time. It's a special treat for my family!

No comments: