Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Five Tips for Fighting The Holiday Five (Pounds, That Is!)

Tis’ the season to watch your waistline, as many of us will put on roughly two to five pounds between Thanksgiving and New Year’s. But the makers of Twinlab Diet Fuel®Forskohlii offer these tips to Fight the Holiday Five and avoid weight gain this holiday season.


  1. Journal What You Eat – Committing to writing down everything you eat from one Hershey’s Kiss to a spoonful of cornbread stuffing will help you become extremely conscious of what you put in your mouth and inevitably will eat less. There are great apps out there that make this painless like MyFitnessPal and Calorie Counter by FatSecret.


  1. Never Arrive Hungry – You haven’t eaten a thing because you were saving your appetite for the main event. By now, you’ve circled the appetizers twice and can’t resist overindulging. Hate to say it but cocktail franks, mini quiches and mom’s eggnog quickly destroy your weight management plans. One way to conquer calorie-laden treats is to have a healthy breakfast or nutritious snack before the family dinner or holiday party so you don’t attack the food. (Extra hint! Drink tons of water – it will fill you up and help you with portion control.)


  1. Look For Ways To Help Fight Fat – A product like Twinlab’s Diet Fuel Forskohlii can help support weight loss and energy levels while you shop, socialize or play hooky from work!* And unlike some diet formulas that are loaded with caffeine, Diet Fuel contains only 50 mg of caffeine per serving – about as much as a can of soda, without the calories. Green tea extract helps boost energy and focus, while Chromium, an essential trace mineral, helps you burn fat.*


  1. Don’t Overdo The Spirits – Favorite holiday drinks like hot toddies and martinis can range from 200 to 1,000 calories a glass. If you choose to imbibe, instead ring in the New Year with a traditional toast of champagne or enjoy dinner with a glass of red wine at 60 to 100 calories. (Drinking not only adds calories but it also lowers your inhibitions so you are more likely to over-eat.) And always drink responsibly, whatever you choose.


  1. Increase Your Exercise A Tiny Bit Every Day – If you want to taste all of those turkey trimmings, just make sure you shake that booty. An extra 10 minutes on the treadmill or 15 minutes spinning adds up. Also, take advantage of exercising here and there throughout the day. Shopping at the mall? Park further away and walk at a brisk pace from store to store. Washing the dishes? Fit in some squats. Decorating the tree? Dance like no one’s watching. Remember, if you eat more (a typical Thanksgiving dinner is 7,000 calories…whoa!), exercise more to balance things out.

 
I was given a sampl of Forskohlii Diet Fuel to try recently. I haven't taken them long enough to know how well they work, but ask anyone sitting with me on Thanksgiving and they can tell you my appetite wasn't what it once was. I even skipped the chocolate cake my favorite cousin made for me!!! I didn't even realize it until we were on our way home. I skipped dessert completely, and that's never happened! While I may be down a pound or so (I am recently lost 30 and I am actively watching what I eat these days) I can tell you that I felt normal, I even had a little more energy. It may be excitement over the holidays or it may be Twinlab. It's to early to tell. Will I keep it up? I'm thinking seriously about it. Usually pills like this make me jittery. These didn't cause any adverse reactions and I didn't get palpitations or hot flashes, which I appreciate!

I had no idea I was already a fan of Twinlab! I've been drinking their Alvita teas for years. I love their Chamomile Tea, Hibiscus Tea, Rose Hips Tea, and their Valerian-Mint Tea. I drink at least one cup daily. If you love herbal tea, check them out!
 

About Twinlab
Twinlab Corporation is a leading manufacturer and marketer of high quality, science-based, nutritional supplements, including a complete line of vitamins, minerals, nutraceuticals, herbs and sports nutrition products. Since 1968, the Twinlab brand has manufactured and marketed nutritional supplements in both the vitamin and sports nutrition categories. In addition to its namesake brand, Twinlab Corporation also manufactures and sells other well-known category leaders including the Metabolife® line of diet and energy products; Twinlab Fuel® line of sports supplement products; Alvita®teas, established in 1922 as a single-herb tea line; and Nature’s Herbs®,a complete line of herbals and phytonutrients. Twinlab’s manufacturing facility in American Fork, Utah is a NSF GMP-registered facility. Twinlab also runs an R&D facility in Grand Rapids, Michigan; and has its corporate headquarters in New York, NY. Visit www.twinlab.comfor more information.

Disclosure: I received samples to try in order to complete this review. A favorable opinion was not required.

No comments: