Friday, November 16, 2012

Born With A Gift: A Powerful Message For All!

I'm a firm believer that everything happens for a reason. When I was asked to review the book, Born With A Gift: Live Your Life Through Your Gift, I could have easily passed it over. I'm not really into self-help books, but apparently, I was meant to read this book. When it arrived, I picked it up. In awe of the cover and the spiritual words that hinted of good things to come, I scanned the back cover and then looked over the pages. On the cover, I read about messages and physical ghost appearances. Umm, about that. I want to skip that if at all possible. I'm really a chicken at heart. I could really use some help staying positive though. I reluctantly put the book down, but it wouldn't stay there for long. Sasha Brisk is the author and the idea of this book came to her in a dream. It was eerily similar to an experience I had, with a whisper in her right ear and four words she would remember for the rest of her life which ended up being the title of her book. My own experience came before what could have been a fatal car accident. Instead of gentle words though, "Put on your seat belt" was screamed into my right ear. Four words...I was meant to be here, and I feel that Sasha Brisk was meant to write this book.


I'm not really a believer in ghosts even though I've had two experiences with the unknown that I can't seem to forget. I'm a devout Christian and I believe in angels. I won't say that there are other things out there that don't exist. They probably do. I won't say I don't believe in psychic abilities to some extent. God gives many gifts and if he gave them to you, I don't feel that it's my place to argue or deny your gift. I tend to leave people alone and try to be the best person I can be.

I read the news daily and too many times, I've read about young people that are struggling with bullies, that are taking their own life before they had a chance to live. It's heartbreaking. This book is meant to reach out and help the younger generation. They are our future, and they are having to grow up more quickly than generations before them. Because of that, I don't feel that many are equipped to handle the things life throws at them. Their feelings haven't had a chance to develop and mature. Born With A Gift is meant to empower them and help them use their gifts of life. The book even tells you how!

Born with a Gift has been channelled through spirit by new age author, clairvoyant, and intuitive counsellor Sasha Brisk. By using psychic abilities that are naturally with us in each lifetime, you can gain a focus of change in enlightenment in human existence. In this guide, Brisk demonstrates how to tune in to your own spiritual gifts, enhance your connection with the universal realm, and become more aware of who you really are. Through messages in dreams and physical ghost appearances during the conscious state, you can learn how to connect with deceased loved ones and angel guides.

Unexplained shifts of consciousness, such as premonitions and visions of future events, can provide our present moment with clear direction of what could happen next. When you know what to look for, premonitions can reveal further truth about unresolved issues in your relationships, career, and family. The universe is unconditionally supportive and answering to your prayers, once you know how to manifest your thoughts into reality. An enhanced awareness of your own natural gifts can help you to move through life empowered, aware, and refreshed.

After reading this inspirational book (which I couldn't put down once I picked it up again) I am taking away a feeling of hope and self awareness. I already feel more positive and empowered. I am in control and I realize that I need to pay more attention to everything around me. There is a lot of information on healing in the book. I know there are some religious individuals that are easily offended when it comes to discussing certain topics or ideas. As a Christian, I was never offended and I never felt like the author was trying to impress certain beliefs upon me or persuade me to do things that I really don't believe in. I think this book is very respectful and you can really follow along and take what you want from it. The book has a lot to give!

I agree with Sasha Brisk. There is a blessing in every lesson! I will wake up tomorrow and feel like I am in control of my life. I learned tips on relaxation and the next time my kids overwhelm me, I can take a step back before I react. I'll make time for me and I'll learn to release my thoughts at night so I won't have to stay up late because I can't sleep. I will read this book again because it offers so much information, I want to make sure I didn't miss anything the first time around.  Born With A Gift is available at Amazon, Balboa Press, and Barnes & Noble. You can also follow along on Facebook! It's the only self help book I've read that I can't seem to get out of my mind. Even though it's written for younger adults and our youth, I think anyone can benefit from reading it.

Disclosure: I received a copy in order to complete this review. A favorable review was not required.

No comments: