Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Wisk Deep Clean

 I usually make my own laundry detergent. When I have an opportunity to try something new, I usually jump at the chance just to see how it compares to the detergent I make at home. With laundry detergent, I need something that removes oil, blood (my husband is a paramedic), grass/dirt stains, and food stains. I was given the chance to try Wisk, the detergent best known for fighting tough stains like “Ring Around the Collar.”  The reformulated Wisk Deep Clean targets much more than visible stains, it works on the body oils and sweat that get trapped deep in the fabric of garments and build up over time. I was pleased with the award-winning Wisk Deep Clean. It was a better stain remover when it came to grease/oil stains and it completely removed grass and dirt stains after a day of play. Did you know that the average washload contains 20 times more body oils and sweat than visible stains? The photo below reveals what the amount of hidden body oils and sweat in our clothes could actually look like compared to the average visible stains (EW!). Just because you don’t see any stains on your garments, doesn’t mean they’re not dirty…
I'm not going to make the switch and stop making my own detergent (I really enjoy the process of making my own products), but I am going to keep a bottle of Wisk on hand. It really helped us out with a few tough stains. My clothes came out clean and smelled fresh.While I couldn't confirm that a build up of oils were removed, I can confirm that it is one of the best detergents I've used. 

Disclosure: I was sent a sample for review. My opinions were not influenced in any way.

No comments: