Friday, June 1, 2012

The Sargento Thin to Win Challenge: Devote An Evening To Relaxation!

Recently, I was asked to participate in the Sargento “Thin to Win” Challenge and I was challenged to devote an evening to relaxation. I know, I know. I was lucky! My challenge was a little difficult to accomplish. That may be hard for some to believe but it's true. I'm always home with the kids and since we are a homeschooling family, I rarely get "me" time. By the time the kids are in bed, I'm either too tired or wired to take advantage of the quiet time! One day last week, my dear husband made it home just after 7pm. I jumped at the chance to take a mental vacation before the kids were in bed. I needed this break! I grabbed my favorite Jane Austen book and made a pot of tea. For me, a cup of hot herbal tea is so relaxing. I also lit my favorite rose scented candle and I spent the rest of the evening curled up in my room with a good book with a little peace and quiet! I need to do this more often!
The “Thin to Win” Challenge by Sargento is challenging Americans for 45 days to “thin out” and simplify our lives. It can be hard to eliminate things that don’t really matter to us without sacrificing things that we do. I learned a lot from my challenge. After devoting the evening to relaxation, I knew I would have an easier time getting through my days if I made time for myself a few times a week. Happy Mommy = Happy Family. My personal goal is to "thin out" my worries and stress by taking a little "me" time. The “Thin to Win” Challenge runs from May 4th until June 18th and you can win some awesome prizes! Visit Sargento on Facebook to check it out!


Disclosure: This is part of a compensated campaign with Sargento Foods Inc and The Motherhood. However, all thoughts and opinions expressed in this post are my own.

No comments: