Wednesday, May 23, 2012

My New BF (Black Flag)

 My best friend is allergic to bees/wasps and my son usually gets flu-like symptoms after being stung. I don't take chances and I always have Benadryl and an Epi-Pen ready. We have loads of wasps and bees in our yard. After we discovered Logan's reaction, I decided not to plant a lot of blooming plants near his play areas because I don't want to invite trouble. Still, they seem attracted to his wooden playset.
Flying insect pests like wasps, yellow jackets and flies can pose significant threats to homeowners and their families. This year the dangers may be even greater, as above-average winter temperatures have forced many flying insects out of hibernation earlier than usual. The Black Flag®brand is giving homeowners the chance to take control of their backyards with the launch of its new Black Flag Flying Insect Trap and Lures.


“Whether it’s highly aggressive stinging insects like wasps and yellow jackets or more passive disease-carrying insects like houseflies, this season’s above-average temperatures may lead to a significant increase in flying insect pests come summer,” says John Pailthorp, Division Vice President, Marketing. “The best thing homeowners can do is eliminate these pests before they create an even bigger problem.”


By setting up the Black Flag Flying Insect Trap and Lures during the spring season, homeowners may be able to reduce the number of wasp, yellow jacket and fly colonies come late summer. The trap is reusable and versatile, since it can be placed above the ground (hung from a tree, pole or fence) or attached to the provided stake and pushed into the ground. The product not only eliminates flying insect pests, it also doesn’t attract unwanted attention, as it is designed to blend into backyard settings. Attractive and discreet, the Black Flag Flying Insect Trap and Lures are also economical, safe, durable and perhaps most importantly, effective, allowing homeowners to enjoy, entertain and relax on their deck or patio with less worry regarding flying insect pests.
For added control, be sure to follow these tips from the Black Flag brand for keeping your backyard pest free.
· Keep gutters clear and direct water from downspouts away from your home.
· Cut back bushes and tree branches around your house.
· Clean up all pet and animal feces promptly.
· Dispose of kitchen scraps and other organic waste properly.
· If you have fruit trees in your yard, pick up any fruit that falls on the ground.
· Place lids on trash and recycling bins and move them away from the house.
I received the trap and lures to review. It was very easy to set up. I removed the packaging and opened the fly lure. I added it to the trap and then filled it halfway with water. It will last about a month! You you need to set it up before you need it! It can take about two days to reach max. strength. We planned an afternoon meal with my kids outside. I was pleasantly surprised with the trap and lure. It's attractive enough and it works well. We weren't bothered by flies and we were able to enjoy a meal without swatting our hands nonstop! I am going to try the other lure next. I am really looking forward to seeing if it takes care of our problem long term. I hate sending my kids out to play and then hearing the door open and finding out my kids can't play because they found a nest. Maybe this will solve our problem! Check them out, and look for Black Flag Insect Control on Facebook!

Disclosure: I received the trap and lures for this review.

No comments: