Thursday, February 9, 2012

Nesco Roaster


I've used my new Nesco Roaster a few times since I received it. It's packed with features and it's easy to use and clean! Most versatile appliance ever made! This is one of the original Nescos®, just like the one that Grandma had, but better! The Nesco Roaster roasts, bakes, cooks, steams, slow cooks, and serves all in one. It's unique "Circle of Heat®" heating element provides moist, even cooking. It's perfect for a batch of chili or soup, a chicken, pot roast, or cornish game hens.
Features
• Porcelain coated cookwell is removable for easy clean up.
• Unique "Circle of Heat™" heating element for moist, even cooking.
• Full 6-Quart capacity serves up to 6 people.
• Removable chrome rack for better baking and fat-free roasting.
• Adjustable temperature control. (125-425ºF)
• Large enough to hold a chicken, pot roast, or turkey breast.
• 750 watts, 120 Volts

My favorite feature? I can use my roaster oven as a slow cooker and it doesn't just boil my food! I'm in control with multiple temperature settings. It's interior is great for browning meat before roasting or slow cooking. My (much) more expensive slow cooker has this feature, but the fact that this cooker can be purchased for under $50 makes me recommend this more. It has all the bells and whistles. My only issue with the cooker was having to "season" it. I didn't read the instructions first, and I waited until the last minute to use it. After realizing I had to "cook" an empty roaster for a few hours, I had to make alternate dinner plans. Also, be aware, the smell can be quite strong while you are "seasoning" it. After cooling it and washing it, I was never bothered again. I also wish the handles (at least) would stay cool during the cooking cycle. The unit does an awesome job roasting and slow cooking. I haven't tried other methods yet, but I am excited to have the options! I've made beef stew and roasted a chicken. I'm very happy with the results! The unit is quite sturdy and I can see why so many love it! Get yours on sale now! Check out Nesco Roasters and see all the options! They offer non-stick coatings and larger roaster ovens, up to 18 Quarts!
Disclosure: I was sent a Nesco Roaster Oven in order to complete this review. No monetary compensation received.

No comments: