Wednesday, February 15, 2012
FISHING IS FUN FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY! Free Bass Pro Shops Event!
Plus, this year you could be the winner of the “Awesome Fishing with Mark Zona” Sweepstakes. You could be selected as the National Grand Prize Winner and win a 2-day fishing trip with Mark Zona in Traverse City, MI and a $300 Bass Pro Shops gift card. The trip will be filmed and the show will appear on The Outdoor Channel. You and your guest will receive complimentary travel and 2 night’s lodging—a total sweepstakes package value of more than $10,000.00! In addition, 52 winners will be selected (one from each store) to win a Fishing Prize Package with a retail value of $370 US.**
The 17-day event begins February 24th and continues through March 11th at 52 of the Bass Pro Shops retail stores in the United States. There’s new fishing products to browse through, live demonstrations to see, tips and techniques to learn, boat shows, kids events, and, it’s all FREE! Don’t forget to register to win the “Awesome Fishing with Mark Zona” sweepstakes or one of the 52 packages being given away that includes a Bass Pro Shops Extreme Baitcast reel, Bass Pro Shops Extreme Rod, Rapala Electric Fillet Knife, Kevin Van Dam Tackle System and a fishing vest.
The Spring Fishing Classic is the best place and time to pick up the secret techniques and strategies used by the best anglers in the world. This year you’ll have two weekends of seminars and tank demonstrations to choose from-- select your favorite topic or pro or attend them all—they’re all FREE! (all store locations will hold seminars except Miami, FL; Branson, MO; Islamorada, FL; and Bass Pro Shops Outlet store in Springfield).
The first weekend February 24-26th features fishing seminars taught by local pros, conservation groups and other area experts. Topics and times are listed below:
Friday, February 24th:
• 6pm: Advanced Small and Largemouth Bass Tactics
• 7pm: Local Fishing Tips and Techniques
• 8pm: Side Image Sonar: How to Use it Effectively to Catch Fish
Saturday, February 25th:
• 1pm: Cold-Water Jerk Baits
• 2pm: Pre-Spawn and Post-Spawn Bass
• 3pm: Fish Finder Basics
• 4pm: Crankbait Fishing: Tactics and Importance of Matching Rod and Reel Gear Ratio to Various CrankBaits
• 5pm: Spinnerbait Basics
Sunday, February 26th:
• 1pm: The Tackle and Tactics of Power Fishing vs. Finesse Fishing
• 2pm: Local Fishing Tips and Techniques
• 3pm: Side Image Sonar: How to Use it Effectively to Catch Fish
• 4pm: Fish Finder Basics
The second weekend of the Spring Fishing Classic offers the BASSMaster University National Fishing Pros seminars and tank demonstrations March 2nd - 4th. (Pros, seminar topics, and times are subject to change due to unforeseen circumstances. Please check individual store schedules by visiting www.basspro.com/classic and clicking on the store from drop down box.)
• March 2 - 6 pm, J Todd Tucker, BASS Elite Series Pro, Sight Fishing Best Practices
• March 2 - 6:30 pm, Scott Martin, 5-Time FLW Tour Champion & 2011 Forrest Wood Cup® Champion, Pre-Spawn Patterns & Lures
• March 2 -7 pm, Stacey King, 12-Time Bassmaster Classic® Qualifier & 3-Time FLW Championship Qualifier, Spring Time Crankbait Fishing (Baits, Tackle & Techniques)
• March 2 – 7:30 pm, Terry Baksay, 2-Time Bassmaster Classic® Qualifier & 3-Time FLW Championship Qualifier, Crankbaits & Jerkbaits for those Elusive Mid-Depth Bass
• March 2 - 8 pm, Aaron Martens, 12-Time Bassmaster Classic® Qualifier/3-Time US Open Champion, Technical Techniques for Bass Fishing
• March 2 - 8:30 pm, Roland Martin, 9-Time Bassmaster® Angler Of The Year, Establishing a Pattern
Other special events include:
• Reel Trade-In: If attendees have any old reels that don’t see a lot of action any more, bring them in during “Reel Trade-In” days February 24th-29th. They can be traded in for a coupon worth from $5 to $100 off the purchase price of a new reel. The donated reels will be given to local not-for-profit groups whose mission is to teach children about fishing and the outdoors.
• Bass Pro Shops Next Generation™ Weekend: U.S. stores March 9-11, Noon to 5pm. Kids can get into the spirit of the outdoors with plenty of FREE events geared for them during the Spring Classic. Activities include Catch and Release Pond++, Kid’s Fishing Seminars at 2pm, 3pm, and 4pm, Free Photo Download at Catch and Release Pond, and crafts from noon to 2pm each day. Plus, the first 50 kids to participate each day will receive a special Bass Pro Shops logo drawstring backpack (while supplies last).
• Daily Door Busters, Rod Trade-in, Vendor booths—Each store will have vendor booths one weekend of the Spring Fishing Classic to be determined by each store location (excludes Miami, FL; Destin, FL; Columbia, MO; WorldWide Sportsman (Islamorada, FL); Branson, MO; Memphis, TN; and Myrtle Beach, SC).
Get ready for a family summer full of fishing and outdoor adventures. Make plans now to attend the FREE Spring Fishing Classic event at your local Bass Pro Shops store.
**Contest rules: Customers must register to win the “Awesome Fishing with Mark Zona” Sweepstakes or the Spring Fishing Package First Prize. The Grand Prize of the Mark Zona fishing trip will be awarded to one winner selected nationally. Fifty-four first prize winners will be selected (one per store) and awarded a Spring Fishing Package. (NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR CLAIM PRIZE. Open to legal residents of the 50 United States, District of Columbia and Canada (excluding Quebec)who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry. Void where prohibited. Sweepstakes begins 02/24/12 and ends 03/11/12 for U.S. locations. In Canada (excluding Quebec), between 3/9/12 and close of business on 3/25/12.
++Catch and Release Pond, stocked with live fish, at all stores, except Calgary, Canada which will offer a Casting Pond inside store that does not feature live fish.
About Bass Pro Shops:
Bass Pro Shops® operates 58 retail stores in 26 states and Canada visited by over 112 million people annually. The original store in Springfield, MO, at over 400,000 square feet and growing, is the world’s largest outdoor store. Bass Pro Shops® also conducts an international catalog and internet retailing operation, American Rod & Gun® wholesale division sells to over 7,000 independently owned retail stores worldwide. Outdoor World® Incentives also sells Bass Pro Shops® gift cards through over 132,000 retail outlets across America. The Bass Pro Shops® restaurant division with 28 locations. The company’s Tracker Marine Group® (http://www.trackerboats.com/) manufactures and sells Tracker®, Nitro®, SunTracker®, Tahoe®, Grizzly® and Mako® boats through Bass Pro Shops® retail stores and over 400 dealers worldwide. The Resort Group (http://www.bigcedar.com/) includes Big Cedar Lodge® and other resort properties including restaurants and golf courses. For more information regarding Bass Pro Shops® store locations, products or special events, please visit http://www.basspro.com/. To request a free catalog, call 1-800-BASS PRO. Follow us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/bassproshops.