Friday, August 12, 2011

The Cake: IcingCrafters.com!

I love icing. I usually make my own, preferring my buttercream and chocolate icing to those that come in a can. When I found out I would be hosting a baby shower, I knew I had a lot of work to do and not a lot of time. I needed something quick and easy and I couldn't afford to make the mess that usually accompanies my homemade buttercream!
IcingCrafters.com sent me an assortment of icings for our cake and cupcake favors. The night before the shower, I opened them up! I received Mango, Lemongrass Ginger, and Strawberry Balsamic for the cupcakes and traditional Chocolate and Vanilla Buttercreme for the cake. I also received Rose flavored icing to use as an accent!
I NEVER would have ordered the flavored icings sent. I know what I like and I usually play it safe. I was hesitant to even taste the flavored icings. I like strawberry, but balsamic? Not so much. It didn't sound good at all. Mango? I hate mangoes! Rose sounded interesting and it was one of my requests. I tasted the chocolate and vanilla first. The chocolate had a rich cocoa flavor that I adored! The vanilla was similar in taste to my own buttercream. The icings were sweet, but not overly so. They were smooth and creamy and fluffed with little effort.
The Mango was my favorite as soon as I tasted it! It was packed with flavor and my husband said it wasn't like eating mango candy, more like eating an actual mango! The Strawberry Balsamic was next. When I tasted it, I knew this was my new favorite!!! Sound familiar? I think I liked the Strawberry Balsamic more than the Mango, but it's really hard to tell for sure. It tasted like a slightly tangy strawberry! It was amazing, and I could eat it straight from the jar. Forget the cupcakes!!! The Lemongrass Ginger was also great flavor. It wasn't my favorite, but it was delicious and very light and refreshing. The Rose Icing tasted just like you would think a rose should taste. It was quite powerful in flavor and you probably wouldn't want to frost a cake or cupcake with it. It was perfect for our icing roses, and it complimented the Vanilla Buttercreme beautifully! The icings sold at IcingCrafters.com are affordable and you can eliminate the mess associated with making your own. They taste better than store bought (in my opinion) and the choice of flavors is awesome!!! They last 4-6 months unopened and they can be stored at room temperature. Opened, they can last up to 6 weeks! I have sworn off other icings after tasting these. For the price, and amount you receive, it's worth it to buy from them. And I don't think I will be able to recreate that Mango (which made me forget my love of chocolate) or Strawberry Balsamic (which made me forget everything else)...IcingCrafters.com has ruined me for other icings. I will always compare others to them, and I seriously don't think others would stand a chance. Is it even possible for me to do this icing justice with a review? I don't think I have the words.
Disclosure: I was sent an assortment of icings for this review. Only honest opinions were given.

No comments: