Tuesday, August 9, 2011

The Cake: Edible Butterflies!


 
CakesByChristi, owner of Etsy site Miss Cupcake Canada, sent me a flurry of edible butterflies to use on our baby shower cake! I requested purple, dusted with shimmer dust. When they arrived, I marveled at the detail on each! I put them away, anxious for the morning of the shower so I could finally use them on the cake! Each butterfly is edible, made of wafer paper and edible inks. They arrive flat. I creased each one to make the butterflies appear more life-like. I applied a dab of icing to each and placed them on the cake. I loved using them and I loved that they were so simple to use! They are perfect for cakes and cupcakes, but you could also use them on cookies or other desserts too! They do not spoil, but she recommends using them within 4-6 months. The butterflies really made my cake even more beautiful. I received lots of compliments and several thought our cake was just a decoration! It was almost too pretty to eat! Visit her site and check out her other edible creations!
Disclosure: I was sent a package of butterflies in order to complete this review.

No comments: