Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Experience The Next Generation Of NonStick Cookware!


I have a mix of cookware in my kitchen. I have heavy duty cast iron, a set of french enameled cast iron, and stainless steel cookware. My husband does most of the cooking, but I also love putting together a great meal. When I was asked to review Bialetti's Aeternum cookware, I jumped at the chance. When I received the saute pan, I honestly didn't think I would like it very much. Don't get me wrong. It's gorgeous! The brilliant red is very different from my other cookware. The white cooking surface also seemed neat! But this cookware was so lightweight, it couldn't possibly work as well as my heavy duty cookware that I use daily. We tried it one morning when we were making breakfast.  My husband read the label and we washed the pan. Next, I brushed a little olive oil on the cooking surface. And I mean a little. You could barely tell that I had brushed it on. My husband made eggs and then he made another egg dish. It was a unique experience to cook on a white surface! I could actually see my food better and see how much oil was used or cooked out. After my husband slid the food onto the plate, he looked at me and smiled. No sticking. You could wipe the cookware clean with a napkin! I can't do that with any of my other cookware! This  Aeternum cookware cooked our food evenly and perfectly. I didn't have to soak my pan or scrub it to get it clean. I am impressed and now this is our go to pan when we need a saute pan! This modern, eco friendly Aeternum cookware line is free of PFOA, free of PTFE and free of Cadmium. The cool white interior features a new "nano-ceramic" coating which is a water-based coating made of titanium and suspended silicate micro-particles (the main component of glass); one of the purest and most ecological materials in nature. This material resists scratches, abrasions and offers a smooth, compact and uniform surface that makes it easier to clean. The base provides excellent thermal conductivity and guarantees optimum heat distribution resulting in less energy required to maintain desired cooking temperature. The scratch resistant hi-temp silicone exterior makes this cookware very easy to clean. We love our new Saute Pan! I only hope they will offer new colors in the future to make buying cookware even more fun!
Disclosure: I was sent a pan in order to complete this review. No monetary compensation received.

No comments: