Thursday, October 7, 2010

Orchid Embers



September was a very busy month for my family. Birthdays, Anniversaries, Weddings, and Showers. We had it all. Thanks to Teleflora, September was extra special thanks to my latest arrangement, Orchid Embers! My arrangement was delivered on September 11 by my favorite florist, Hadden's Flowers & Gifts of Albany, Georgia. I love orchids, and this arrangement featured 10 stems of flowering beauties.  The brilliantly orange Mokara orchid stems were simply arranged in a vase with curly willow. The blazing color was perfect to usher in fall, and they lasted throughout September and into October. I had a love/hate relationship with this arrangement. While I loved the flowers, I could often be found muttering curses at the greenery, which dropped it's needles hourly, or so it seemed. The greenery was absent from the Teleflora pictured arrangement, but I knew that my local florist would be creating my order and it may differ from the pictured item. After almost two weeks of resisting the urge, I finally gave in and removed the last of the greenery, still enjoying the deeply colored flowers without further complaints.

This Teleflora arrangement was easy to care for and I only changed the water weekly for the life of the arrangement. The thick petals stayed fresh looking longer than I anticipated. Even on October 4, when I finally retired the bouquet, a few of the flowers remained almost pristine. Of all the arrangements that I have received, this one has lasted the longest. On the downside, thanks to the greenery, it was also the messiest. All in all, I was quite pleased with this arrangement. Orchids are expensive, and it was nice to know that they lasted so long! If you want a gorgeous lasting arrangement, consider Orchid Embers!
Disclosure: I was sent this arrangement in exchange for a review. No monetary compensation received.

No comments: