Friday, March 5, 2010

Pinch Me Please, I Must Be Dreaming


I usually avoid donuts. We all know how sinful they are. But every now and then, I crave a glazed or cream filled confection. Sure, I'd give into temptation and feel terrible afterwards. Who can stop at one? Especially when you abstain for so long. Now, I can eat my favorite gourmet donut without feeling the guilt, or the tightness in my clothes. I have finally discovered Holey Donuts. And let me tell you, they are quite holy! Mouth watering delicious, without the massive amounts of fat and calories. These are diet friendly, but I am still trying to convince myself.
How can they taste so great without all those extra calories? The Jumbo Reduced Fat Cinnamon Buns taste just like Cinnabons! Here are the facts. 5 grams of fat and 340 calories. Compare that to Cinnabon's 1140 calories and 56 grams of fat!!! These buns are huge, and you could easily eat half of a bun and save the rest for later! I also received Sampler Favorites A, a sweet selection of gourmet donuts. My favorite? Reduced Fat Fudge Boston Cream. The vanilla crumb topping was better than icing on a cake. The cream was rich and flavorful. Very satisfying indeed! I'm in love. Seriously. I also received a box of Low Fat Pink Velvet Strawberry Frosted! They were my second favorite. The donut is light and fluffy. Great taste, without being deep fried! Holey Donuts steers clear of artificial sweeteners and fat substitutes. Most of the fat and calories may be missing, but I swear the taste isn't. The icing is smooth and delicious, and the sprinkles make them festive and fun! Because they stay frozen, I am not tempted by a box of donuts sitting on the counter! I can defrost one donut when I have a craving and save the rest for another day. Go ahead. Indulge. Check them out on facebook and be sure to join their email list for fantastic specials and savings! You'll be glad you did!
To Disclose: I was sent a three box selection of the donuts/cinnamon buns above in order to complete this review. No monetary compensation received. I'm hooked. I would even consider dedicating my blog to Holey Donuts in exchange for more yummy treats. Will work for Holey Donuts. How does that sound?

No comments: