Sunday, January 17, 2010

Sonicare's Two Week Challenge!

I must really love my husband. I was given the opportunity to take Sonicare's two week challenge and instead of taking the challenge myself, I turned it over to my husband. I first introduced him to Sonicare about 6 years ago and he has been brushing away at least twice a day with the basic rechargeable brush that I bought him ever since. When I found out that Philips would be sending their FlexCare Plus, I thought my husband would appreciate the upgrade. Here's the deal. I had to convince him to set aside his old brush and use a manual toothbrush for two weeks. Two very long weeks! The manual toothbrush provided was basic, similar to a replacement brush that you might get from a hotel. It did the trick. Plain, nothing fancy. Well, he brushed and brushed, missing his beloved Sonicare more and more with each passing day. I found that instead of brushing for two minutes, he would spend longer brushing his teeth. He also flossed more. His teeth were clean after each brushing, but after two weeks, they did not feel as polished, and his gums did not feel as great. After his two weeks were up, I presented him with the Sonicare FlexCare Plus. He immediately felt the difference after his first use. He described it as the best toothbrush he's ever used. There was less vibration and many more options, including a fancy gum care option that really does take care of your gums! He highly recommends this brush and has finally retired the old one for good!

To Disclose: We were sent a Sonicare FlexCare Plus and a manual toothbrush in order to take this challenge. Honest opinions given.

No comments: