Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Holiday Gift Idea: Taste Of The Islands!

 When I think of rum, I think of paradise. A little tropical adventure and warm sand beneath my feet. That was before I tried Tortuga Rum Cake and Fudge. I hate fruitcake and for years I thought rum cake would be similar. I avoided it like the plague. During my online holiday searches, Tortuga Rum Company kept showing up in my searches. It was destiny. When I requested an assortment, I thought my husband would probably like it and be able to help with the review. My package arrived quickly and I was surprised with the contents! Coconut Rum Fudge, Original, and Banana Rum Fudge! And a Chocolate Rum Cake! I LOVE rum and I LOVE chocolate. Still I consider myself a picky eater. I hate trying new foods. New products of any other kind, I love! But if it goes into my mouth, it better smell really good and be made up of things I like. It drives my husband out of his mind! Tortuga Cakes and Fudge passed both of those tests. It was love at first bite. I don't think I need any help from my husband. Now, when I think of rum, I will be thinking of the most flavorful cakes and fudge I've ever had. It's simply paradise to my tastebuds. It's so unusual, I really don't know how to describe it. Nothing I could ever say would do justice to these treats. When I first tasted it, I was speechless as the fudge melted away on my tongue. It leaves the most incredible flavor in your mouth!The Original Rum Fudge tastes smooth. The rum flavoring isn't harsh and you don't experience the alcohol burn. Take the flavor of rum and drown it in chocolate. Really great chocolate. That's what you get in every bite! The flavor of the rum overwhelms the chocolate in a really good way. I loved it!!! My second favorite was the Banana Rum Fudge. Oh my goodness! Chocolate and bananas are great together. Toss in some rum and you have the perfect combination! The Coconut Rum Fudge was my least favorite. I don't like coconut, so that's probably why. This fudge contains small bits of coconut. The flavor of the coconut fudge is good. Even though I'm not a big fan of this, I could eat it if it wasn't for the coconut bits! My husband and Logan loved it and they will be polishing it off pretty soon! The Chocolate Rum Cake. Where do I begin??? It was moist. Very moist! Any more moist and it would leave puddles in it's beautiful signature gold box! The rich cocoa flavor combined with the rum flavor was a taste I have never experienced. Chocolate and rum were made for each other and if you have any doubt about that, it would be erased after your first taste. If you are tired of ordinary fudge and ordinary cake, try something different and exotic. Tortuga Rum Cakes and Fudge will be on my holiday list from now on. Other flavors are available too!
To Disclose: I was given a mini Chocolate Rum Cake and a Three Pack of Rum Fudge to try for this review. No monetary compensation received.

No comments: