Sunday, September 6, 2009

Kicking Things Off With Maxi Kick!


Logan is growing up! He's conquered the bike and now he's on to bigger and better things! For a while now, he has wanted a scooter. I knew there were several brands, but I didn't know much beyond the basics. I did a great deal of research, and found the Maxi Kick. Kickboard USA sent us one in exchange for this review and we were more than happy to give it a spin!

This scooter is different from traditional scooters because of the unique piloting system. At first, I had my doubts. It looked a little awkward. I knew if there was a problem, I could add the optional T bar to make things easier, since Logan was transitioning from a bike with handlebars! The Maxi Kick arrived in perfect condition. The scooter is well built and made to endure the rigors of childhood. It is lightweight and easy to carry.
Available in purple and black, this scooter is made for children ages 6-10. I appreciated the two wheels up front and the wheel in the back. Safety is my primary concern and even though Logan wears his helmet at all times, I feel at ease knowing he is on the Maxi Kick. It appears to be safer than the alternatives and very stable! Steering is done with ease and the ball steering has worked out without any mishaps. Children can lean into a curve and surf the sidewalks. All it takes is a little practice!

Children ages 2-5 will enjoy learning balance on the super cool G-Bike. A balance bike is how my child learned to ride a bike so quickly. After a few months of using a balance bike, he hopped on his real bike (without training wheels) like he had been riding for years. And that was his first time! If your little tot is in the market for a big kid scooter, consider Maxi's little brother (or sister) the Mini! Children ages 3-5 can surf the pavement alongside their older siblings! The Maxi won the prestigious Oppenheim Toy Portfolio Gold Seal Award 2009 and it was designed by children for children! Visit Kickboard USA and see the difference. Leave those other scooters in the dust!

No comments: