Wednesday, August 19, 2009

My Laundry Room Is Going On A Diet!

A few weeks ago, I tried a new product! Purex Complete, 3-in-1! I was doubtful that it would work. I mean, Purex claims that the sheet contains a full size load of detergent, softener, and anti-static. It's a brilliant idea! Purex Complete 3-in-1 Laundry Sheets are meant to save time and they are better for the environment. So, how did they do? I loaded my washer and dropped a sheet in. I really gave my laundry room a thorough look, wondering how it would look without huge (AND HEAVY!) detergent bottles and fabric softener stacked on the shelves, with an extra supply on the floor. I thought about some of the tasks I wouldn't miss if these laundry sheets worked, such as measuring liquids and cleaning up spills. Not to mention dumping powders all over my floor and getting the vacuum in that tight little room to suck up all that tiny sand-like grit. When it was time to put the load into the dryer, I transferred everything, sheet and all. While I was transferring the clothes, I gave the clothes a close inspection. No stains. So far, so good. I waited patiently for my dryer to complete it's cycle and then I opened it up and began to fold. No zaps from static electricity, and my clothes were soft. Everything had a very mild scent and everything was clean and fresh. Now, I really wish that I hadn't stocked up on those bulky bottles! I am looking forward to using these time saving, environmentally friendly Purex Laundry Sheets! Soon, if you happen to take a peek inside my laundry room, maybe you will notice my new HE washer and dryer, not the endless stacks of heavy plastic bottles! Pick up a starter pack in a store near you, then shop for refills to save money!

1 comment:

Rose ~ RedNeckWitch~ said...

Our area is usually one of the last to get new products to try. We live in a rural area. I have seen commercials for these, and am anxious to give them a try!