Thursday, July 16, 2009

Hair Loss Is A Great Thing!

I am a little behind after the holiday, camp, and well-just life lately. I have kept up with TRIA at home, but not here. So those of you that have been following along, thanks for your patience! Here are the details of my second and third home laser hair removal treatment!I finally talked my husband into coming clean. With a razor! It was a tedious task and it took longer than the laser treatment. I know you are wondering, was the pain less? Yes! But it was still not a comfortable process. I treated him using the second level of intensity. Every now and then, I would zap my husband and make him squirm. Call me sick, but it made me feel better after cleaning the kitchen after he cooked. He makes the biggest mess! TRIA is a subtle way of getting even. The burning sensation was slight, and certain areas seem to be much more sensitive than others. I treated his back and abdomen. Both areas took a bit longer than before (maybe I'm being more meticulous) and I had to recharge before I finished.
I completed my second treatment and I bumped up the intensity. I lasered my legs on three. I couldn't tell much difference, but every now and then I would yelp like a wounded animal.Must be my punishment for finding humor in watching my husband suffer. But seriously, most of the time it was painless. When it did hurt, it was either a warm or hot sensation or it felt like I was being snapped with a rubber band. My bikini area and under my arms were lasered using the second level of intensity. I guess I'm not yet brave enough to go all the way!

About two weeks later, my husband told me that he shed about 50 or 60 hairs after his shower. Gross, but certainly good news. Under normal conditions, pre-laser, he would shed less than 5. Looks like we are getting somewhere. Hair loss is a great thing-if you have too much of it! As far as my results are concerned, I can't tell a difference. But it is still early!

Treatment three!!! Repeat of everything above! So far, there has been no further loss of visible hair on my husband. But it's still early in the hair removal treatment. I think I can tell a difference under my arms. Maybe my legs. I'll be posting again in 2-3 weeks and I will keep you up to date. In the meantime, if you have any questions, feel free to send me an email! For some of you that have found me via google, I noticed that you have been searching to find out if TRIA works in more private areas or the face. It has been cleared by the FDA to be used on the legs, underarms, bikini line, back, chest, abdomen, arms, hands, or feet, or anywhere that's suitable below the neck.

No comments: