Monday, June 22, 2009

All-Clad Redefines Slow Cooking


All of the slow cookers that I have used in the past pale in comparison to the All-Clad Slow Cooker! This slow cooker is unique. It features a heat-responsive cast-aluminum insert that functions as a piece of premium cookware in itself. I used it to make chili the day after I received it and it was such a valuable time saver since I was able to brown the meat in the nonstick insert right on my stovetop! I did not have an extra pot to wash and it drastically cut my prep time! Next, I returned the insert to the cooker, with all the flavorful caramelized bits retained! Then I set the timer and let the machine do the rest. Somehow, low always seemed the same temperature as high with my other slow cookers. My food boiled either way. All-Clad features gentle uniform heat which perfectly cooks pot roasts, braises, soups and stews, then keeps the finished dish warm until serving time. When you’re ready to dine, simply lift out the attractive black insert and take it right to the table for serving. The heavy duty insert can even be used on its own to cook and serve your favorite dishes, whether in the oven or on the stovetop. The attractive stainless-steel exterior features riveted handles and the slow cooker has an easy-to-read digital display. The insert is dishwasher safe, but after cooking messy chili all day long, a gentle spray with water completely rinsed everything clean! This sturdy unit is very well built, yet surprisingly lightweight. I only wish that the lid was see through. I am a nosy cook and I like to check my food often! The slow cooker has an impressive 7-qt. capacity! The Slow Cooker is a bit on the expensive side, but it has made it to the top of my list of kitchen must-haves! It looks good enough to leave out on a permanent basis! But why would you ever put it away? I have used mine several times this week! The All-Clad Slow Cooker really lives up to it's name and it is worth every penny. Order yours from Williams-Sonoma!

No comments: