Disclosure: This information is brought to you by The Stork and my partnership with The Motherhood. I
received compensation for this post, however, all opinions are my own.
Many couples have fertility problems. I had them too. I know that treatments are often expensive and there are no guarantees. While I never had to have treatment, my doctor had several discussions with me over the years and offered advice and medication options. Now there is another way to help take control.
The Stork Conception System is indicated for assisted insemination in instances where low sperm count, sperm immobility, or hostile vaginal environment has been diagnosed. The system (cervical cap in a condom-like silicone sheath) is used to collect semen into a cervical cap, and then deliver the cap to the outside of the cervix as an aid to conception. It is to be used at home following physician instructions.
The Stork is affordable for most, and many physicians are recommending that couples do this process three times/month during a women’s optimal ovulation cycle. One in 6 couples have difficulty conceiving. The Stork uses a proven technique to help you conceive naturally.
- Proven technique: Physician technique now available for use in the privacy of home
- Safe: FDA Authorized prescription product. Non-reusable device
- Natural: Drug-free product that requires no drugs
- Non-invasive: Requires no injections or surgery
- Easy-to-Use: Condom-like in collection, tampon-like in delivery
- Cost-effective: Compared to “next-step” treatment options
I had the opportunity to attend a webinar and listen to Steve Bollinger, founder and CEO of The Stork, discuss this treatment option. I like many things about this product. The price makes it easier for anyone to try this product. It is currently available with a prescription, but it will soon be available over the counter. I like the fact that it is single use item, so you do not have to worry about cleaning it between uses. I also liked that you don't have to go to a doctor's office- you do this in your own home.
The unit is designed to be very easy to use. If you can insert a tampon, you should be able to use this cap very easily. The Stork was created to help you on your journey to parenthood. Whether you are just starting out on your path to conception or you have been actively trying to conceive for longer, the Stork can aid you in your chances of conceiving by using a “technique” similar to intravaginal insemination.
IntraCervical Insemination (ICI) has about a 10-20% success rate, which is around the same as IntraUterine Insemination (IUI). We have not had enough patient volume for long-term testing, although we that think over time we will even have a better result than that. We are in the middle of a study now and more clinical data will be coming in the next couple of months.
How to Purchase The Stork
- Contact healthcare provider for prescription
- Purchase The Stork from the website
- Choose from one device or a one-month supply of three individually packaged Stork devices.
- $79.99 for one or $210 for a one-month supply
- Pre-natal vitamins are also available for both the male and female on The Stork store website
- Submit a copy of the prescription through email, fax or mail for verification by Rinovum
- The Stork ships directly to your home
- Two shipping options available:
- Overnight (if placed between M-F by 3 PM)
- Ground (5-7 business days)
Factors That Add to the Era of Infertility
- Increasing fertility issues related to environmental and lifestyle factors
- 40% of diagnoses are attributed to the male, 40% to the female and 20% are diagnosed as unexplained
- Male Factor: estrogen levels are higher than ever before resulting in low sperm counts, motility and morphology issues
- Female Factor: imbalanced vaginal pH, diminishing ovarian reserve, PCOS, endometriosis, etc.
- Women are trying to conceive later in life
- Females age 20-25, 25% chance per month of conceiving
- Females age 30-35, 15% chance per month of conceiving
- Females age 35-40, 10% chance per month of conceiving
- Female age 40, 5% chance per month of conceiving
- Limited options available for those initially struggling:
- Long waiting periods given by physicians before further assistance for help
- Under 35 years of age suggested to wait 12 months
- Over 35 suggested to wait 6 months
- Growing population of same-sex couples
- Treatments today are slow, invasive and costly
- Only 14 out of the 50 states require reimbursement (many of which are partial)
- Risk factors of other pregnancy methods:
- Multiple births: one-third of In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) procedures result in multiples
- Genetic risks to offspring
- Increased health risks to female
- Women are placed on intensive hormone medications
- Increased rates of breast and ovarian cancer
- Treatment options are stressful, which actually reduces the women’s chance of conceiving
What is Rinovum?
Rinovum is a privately held women’s health company dedicated to bringing products into the market that will enhance women’s lives and empower them to take charge of their health. The first focus is a prescription device – The Stork, for reproductive health to aid in natural fertility and conception in the privacy of the patients’ home.
- Follow The Stork to stay updated on news!