Thursday, February 14, 2013

A Pirate's Life For Me...And The Kids. Thanks To Captain No Beard!


Have your children gather 'round. I hear there's a new pirate in town! Captain No Beard: An Imaginary Tale of a Pirate's Life, written by the talented Carole P. Roman,  is a delightful tale that will entertain children of all ages. Captain No Beard isn't your typical pirate. He's a young boy named Alexander. Together with his First Mate Hallie, Mongo the Monkey, Linus the Loudmouthed Lion, and the lovable Fribbit the Floppy Frog, they'll take you on adventure you'll never forget. You'll board the Flying Dragon and set sail as you learn cool pirate lingo! Be prepared to get into character and go ahead and start practicing your "arghs" because this book was made for reading aloud. It's fun for everyone!

My four year old giggled with delight and interacted with the colorful illustrations. It's not a book you'll read once. You'll want to read it over and over because it's so much fun! The repetition was a bonus because my little one would chime in and say (and sing) along with me, "shiver me timbers" and "Being a captain is hard work." It's one of the most engaging and captivating stories I've read to him in quite a while. It's also one of the most memorable! Captain No Beard makes his way though a storm and treacherous seas before he finds
his way back to his room, surrounded by his crew and first mate!

This is a story that teaches children about the amazing power of imaginations. I certainly hope my little one was inspired enough to turn his bed into a ship. He definitely got into character and had a little "sword play" with his brother. I laughed as I heard "walk the plank" and "ahoy mateys" coming from their room. I can't wait to see where Captain No Beard ends up next! I'm happy to know my boys will be along for the ride!



You can pick up a paperback copy on Amazon or download it to your Kindle. Be sure to follow along on Facebook to get the latest on Captain No Beard!

Disclosure: I received a copy of this book in order to complete this review. Honest opinions only. A favorable review was not required.

No comments: