Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Plan A Camping Trip!

I haven't been camping in years. My kids (and my husband) have asked me to go but I just can't seem to tell them yes! I have a lot of camping equipment, but I would need to purchase a few items before I plan a trip and pack. I have a tent and an air mattress, but I'd like to have portable power. While I'd like to have a solar generator large enough to run a fan all day and night, I'd settle for enough power to keep my phone up and running. Besides, I really need a working phone in case there is an emergency!  I need to purchase a few lanterns too. My dad always had Coleman lanterns and I remember watching him light them when I was a kid. I remember how much heat they gave off too! They were HOT!
I can't go camping without fishing gear! I need to pick up a few fishing rods and reels for our trip. When I went camping with my parents, we usually camped close to a lake and I loved going fishing with my dad. It was a wonderful way to spend the day. Sometimes, my aunt, uncle, and cousin would join us and we had the greatest time! I really need to take my kids camping so they can experience it while they are young. Who knows, maybe one day they will tell their children all about it!

No comments: