Tuesday, November 20, 2012

And To All A Good (And Hopefully Quiet) Night!

I haven't slept well in years. I suffer from insomnia which wouldn't be so terrible if I could sleep all day. I have kids. The unfortunate part is that they love to wake me up each morning-bright and early! Could they wake me gently? Oh no, that would be too much to ask. I wake to shrieks and screams. Most of the time it's followed by little feet running through the house. A few months ago, I began the process of trying to decide on the perfect new mattress. I have read hundreds of detailed reviews and I'll read many more before I make my final decision. I don't want to make the same mistake and buy a mattress that will only be okay for less than five years. I want to push for at least ten, and hope for more! I hate my current mattress. It isn't supportive and I wake up with aches and pains. Before I buy a new memory foam mattress for my bed, I am upgrading mattresses for my kids first. I don't know why, but when my baby moved out of his crib into a twin/single bed, my husband bought the worst mattress ever made. I still can't believe that he brought it home. Maybe that's why my baby wakes up crying at least a few nights each week! We seriously need to get rid of it first! Maybe if he wakes up happy, we all can!

When I finally purchase my new mattress, I would love to have a new bed! I love antiques and French furnishings. If I found the perfect bed (hand carved mahogany, gilt, and a silk headboard!) to go with my new mattress, I don't know if I would ever get out of bed! The pitter patter and running though the house may end up being ignored! I've already found the best site for ordering a new bed and mattress. The hard part will be waiting for the delivery! I'll just have to find something to occupy my time, like supervising my husband while he paints the bedroom! Maybe I'll have him add some soundproof insulation to the walls while he's at it!


No comments: