Sunday, October 14, 2012

Who Knew Math (And Cleaning !) Could Be So Fun For Kids?!


My kids help me out around the house. It isn't always by choice though. Logan has chores that he does everyday (or at least he's supposed to) and I am beginning to let Sam help out with simple tasks. Since their chores vary each day, they always come to me and ask what they should do to help out. I recently had the opportunity to review Zone Cleaning For Kids through TriggerMemorySystem.com and it has been a big help! It includes:
  • A fully-laminated flip chart, allowing for all sections to be checked with a dry-erase marker and/or customized by Mom with a wet-erase marker.
  • An instructional DVD that walks children through the process, demonstrating the correct way to complete each task. The DVD also gives Mom tips on how to best utilize the program.
  • Dry-erase marker.
  • Basket labels used for cleaning the bedroom.
  • Kid-friendly Cleaning Solutions E-Book filled with frugal, non-toxic cleansers you can make yourself.
  • Access to a purchaser's-only page listing a variety of homemaking and organizational resources.
  • Logan sits down with me each week and we plan our schedule. Logan can write things in with a dry erase marker and then he checks the chores off each day as they are completed. The book is great and there is room to add chores if needed. It gives great pointers so Logan can walk into any room and clean it quickly, and possibly make a game of it! He's learning organization skills that I hope will stay with him for life.


    I also tried out Times Tales, a great DVD that will help my kids with multiplication. To be honest, I thought it would never work. I never would have believed it if I didn't see it with my own eyes. Here's a little more about the program:
    FAST: Total learning time is only an hour!
    EASY:
    After watching Times Tales, kids as young as five can recite the upper
    times tables upper without even understanding multiplication!
    FUN:
    Kids love this learning method and ask for more! Covers the most
    difficult to memorize times tables:
    3x6,3x7,3x8,3x9,4x6,4x7,4x8,4x9,6x6,6x7,6x8,6x9,7x7,7x8,7x9,8x8,8x9,9x9
    Game show quiz:
    Students plays a fun, beat-the-clock game to challenge
    their newly-learned skills!
    Non-consumable:
    Can be used by the entire family.
    Bonus CD:
    Print off a fun game, written tests, multliplication and division
    flashcards, and crossword puzzles.
    Great for special needs students:
    Works for many kids when other programs
    have


    Logan had fun and after a few fun lessons, he began to pick it up! Logan is still working on it, but Sam (my four year old) really surprised me most of all. I couldn't believe he actually picked up on some of it too! He is just learning basic addition! The DVD is far from boring and my kids wanted to watch it because it was fun. I am crossing my fingers that they come up with other great programs too. Check them out! You can even download a trial!


    Disclosure: I was sent Times Tales and Zone Cleaning For Kids in order to complete this review.

    Learn More!

    No comments: