Sunday, January 29, 2012

Pillsbury Potluck Party!



 A few weeks ago, I was given the opportunity to host a Pillsbury Potluck Party! We had a lot of fun trying different recipes. I was amazed at the variety of sweet and savory dishes created! My kids had a favorite. They loved the Monkey Bread. It was made using Pillsbury Biscuits. The biscuits were cut in half and dropped into a bag with Vanilla Sugar and Cake (or Baking) Spice. A pat of butter, some brown sugar, and a few chopped nuts were dropped into each muffin cup. Three halves were put in on top. They were baked at 350 for fifteen minutes. They disappeared quickly! My kids have begged for them a few times since!
 The winning recipe for the evening was something I actually made up. I took one pack of crescent rolls, pinched the edges together, and layed it onto a baking pan. I spritzed it with a little olive oil first! I cubed four medium potatoes and allowed them to boil until they were "almost" done. I cubed four boneless chicken breasts and browned them in a skillet, mixed in the cubes of potatoes, and added a bag of frozen corn kernals. I added water and a packet of taco seasoning. After my mixture had thickened, I scooped half of it out onto my "dough" and I cut strips along the sides of the crescent dough. I topped the filling with cheddar cheese! I braided the dough and gave it an egg wash, then sprinkled it with poppy seeds and a little smoked paprika. After baking it at 350 for about 20-25 minutes, I took it out and sliced it. It was really, really good. It was so good, I had to open another package of crescents and use the other half of the filling.
Check out the Ideas Made Easy on Pillsbury.com. They have great ideas that are perfect for any party! You can read reviews and get tips from other members of the Pillsbury community. Also, connect with Pillsbury for great recipe ideas everyday by following them on Facebook and Twitter.

Disclosure: The Pillsbury product, information, food ideas, online coupon link, and prize pack have been provided by Pillsbury through MyBlogSpark.

No comments: