Sunday, May 29, 2011

A Little Help In The Kitchen


  
I don't know about you, but I hate spending a long, hot summer day in the kitchen. I try to grill as much as possible so I can keep my kitchen cool! With the holidays approaching and the temperatures soaring, I tried something new this year. I used my microwave! Country Crock did the rest. I was given an opportunity to try their Mashed Potatoes, Loaded Mashed Potatoes, Macaroni & Cheese, and Cinnamon Apples. Let's start with dessert. The Cinnamon Apples were tender and and flavored wonderfully. It was similar in taste to Logan's favorite restaurant's version. Served over a scoop of vanilla ice cream, this sweet treat can't be beat! We also tried Elbow Macaroni & Cheese. It was my favorite! It was cooked perfectly, not too soft, and it was loaded with creamy cheese. I think this was also Sam's favorite because he kept coming back for more! I love mashed potatoes and I make them for all of our special meals. Whenever I make them, I wash and sometimes peel the potatoes. Sometimes I use several varieties of potatoes. I boil them in salted half water, half chicken stock and then I mash them with cream and butter after draining most of the water, tossing in a few fresh or dried herbs. I wasn't sure if Country Crock's Homestyle Mashed Potatoes would live up to my standards. These potatoes were creamy and they had a slight tangy flavor. They were thick and had a smooth consistency. The potatoes was wonderful and I stirred in a little extra butter and a few herbs to give them more of a homemade look. I wanted to see if Homestyle Mashed Potatoes could pass as my own. They did. Almost. I was very please because normally it takes me almost an hour to make mine. This took...five minutes! The loaded Mashed Potatoes were good, but I liked the Homestyle better. They had a nice flavor! Hormel's Country Crock Side Dishes give you freedom to enjoy your summer and your family get togethers without heating things up in the kitchen!
Disclosure: I was sent a variety of side dishes for a special event. Honest opinions were given.

No comments: