Friday, November 12, 2010

Mash and Grind With Annabel Karmel!

 Baby food is easy to make thanks to Infantino's Annabel Karmel Collection! I steamed a red potato for this review using a Steam Release Micro Dish. Afterwards, I tried using the Mash & Serve Bowl! This product is easy to use. One side of the bowl has ridges that seem to make mashing a little easier.
The set:
•Includes a masher and serving bowl
•Mash up fruits and steamed veggies easily
•Great for making meals on the go
•Dishwasher safe
•BPA Free
I wished the bowl had a nonslip bottom. That would have been nice, It can be difficult to mash veggies while holding the bowl at the same time. The good news is you can feed your baby from the bowl, so there is no extras to wash!


 I also used the Fresh Food Mill. The mill contains two parts. The mill itself is the outer portion. Their is an inner portion that helps push food through the mill, which is hollow. To use, simply load the mill (turn it upside down) with soft foods. Insert the inner portion and set it right side up. Turn the handle while applying pressure. This allowed the potatoes to come out without the skin. Only a small amount of skin managed to come through!
The Fresh Food Mill:
•Purees and minces for a fresh and easy to eat dish
•Ideal for vegetables and fruits
•Customized meals baby will love
•Dishwasher safe
•BPA Free


 It would be easy to puree most food using this food mill. It's lightweight and I think it would be easy to use when the family goes out for dinner. The colors are nice too. Not that that makes a difference with food preparation. It's just a bonus!
 You can use the top as a bowl so there is no need to use an extra dish. Mix in a little formula or milk, if needed, and then you're ready to go! Cleanup is easy. It's much easier to clean than my food processor. The mill seems to be well built and I think it will last!
 
I also had the opportunity to try out other great items like the 6 Stackable Food Pots,  Double Decker Meal Box, Fill & Freeze Puree Pops, and Freeze Tray! I can tell you one thing, this set would make the greatest gift for any mom-to-be! We enjoyed them and I think you will too!
Disclosure: I received these products because I took part in an Infantino campaign through Mom Central.

No comments: