Sunday, November 28, 2010

Holiday Gift Guide: Sobongo


I remember the first time I heard of Sobongo. I was channel surfing and I decided to veer away from my usual channels and try something new. When I saw the Sobongo channel, I tuned in and liked what I saw. It wasn't annoying like some shopping channels and I didn't feel like products were being pitched. I was offered a non-pushy, kind introduction to products that I may or not have been familiar with. When I found them online, I discovered an excellent selection of great name products with great prices to match! I was given the opportunity to try the Nesco Grip 'n Go Hand Blender. Nesco is a great brand, from what I've read. When I bought a coffee roaster, it was one of the brands I had seriously considered after spending weeks reading reviews. Now, I have a cordless immersion blender and I love it. I wanted to see how this corded version, which costs a lot less, stood up to my expectations. First of all, let me tell you a little more about it. The Nesco Grip 'n Go Hand Blender (HB-17P) allows you to blend soups and beverages or use it to fluff egg whites or chop onions. Equipped with a powerful variable 5-speed motor, the NESCO Grip 'n Go Blender can blend, chop, mix, whip, grind, puree, and mince quickly and efficiently. Basically, it does it all! One of my favorite features is that you can blend food  as it cooks in the original pot, saving extra dishes and clean-up. You can turn the Grip 'n Go Blender into a mini chopper and quickly chop herbs, vegetables, fruits, cooked meats, nuts and cheese with the chop and grind attachment. It includes a stainless steel blade and wonderful 3-cup measuring bowl. It also includes a whisk attachment for whisking fluffy egg whites or whipping cream, a stainless steel frother for making frothy beverages, and a mixing/measuring cup with lid. The accessories are dishwasher-safe. Plus, you can mount the hand blender on the wall so it's always handy! Putting it to the test was a lot of fun. I chopped peppermint for hot cocoa and I also chopped walnuts to use as a cake topping. I made whipping cream with the whisk for hot cocoa and I made a milkshake. I did have a little bit of a struggle making the milkshakes. My ice cream was pretty hard and I had to let it soften a little before I could create my perfect milkshake. I think the Nesco Hand Blender is a wonderful tool and it has a wonderful price too! Check out Sobongo for your holiday gifts and follow along on facebook and twitter for more holiday fun and giveaways! Wednesdays, tune in for Win It Wednesdays on facebook! All you have to do is match the picture with the right product and be the first person to submit the correct name to win!  
Disclosure: I was sent a hand blender in order to complete this review. No monetary compensation received.

No comments: