Saturday, September 4, 2010

Bake Bread Like A Pro!




 I love bread. I love to make it and I love to eat it. I usually make it for all of the parties I host, but sometimes I get a little overwhelmed. Recently, I put together a wedding shower for a special couple. I had so many things to do to get it all put together and I needed help to make it special. I requested help from Big Chef and they delivered!
 I was sent a few trays of appetizers and all I had to do was heat and serve!!! The bread, oh the bread! The Cheese Bread was light and soft, and I could have eaten them all! It's a good thing I popped them in the oven only a half hour before our guests arrived. They are truly dangerous, in a good way! I wanted to claim them as my own and maybe I could have gotten away with it. They were still warm when they were served, leading some to believe I had baked bread like a pro!
 The Beef Wellington was classy and rich in flavor. I wanted to bring out the good china and silver for these little bites! The beef was very tender and the pastry was flaky, making these a little addictive! The Chicken Empanadas were so good, I wanted them supersized! They were homey and full flavored. They went faster than I imagined!
 The Apple Raisin Rolls were good, but I can't really give you an accurate review of these because I don't like raisins. I tasted one and I liked the consistency, but I did not like the flavor. I did ask others what they thought and received positive reactions. The dough was a little soggy after cooking, but it was because it soaked up all those heavenly (a description borrowed from a guest) juices! Each of the appetizers were smaller than I imagined, but I have never bought appetizers before and I wasn't too familiar with them. Each was a generous bite, maybe two if you you took the time to savor the flavors and enjoy the experience. They saved me a lot of time and they were loved by all!

Disclosure: I was sent appetizers in order to complete this review. No monetary compensation received.

No comments: