Friday, June 11, 2010

Father's Day Feast, Fit For A King!

Texans like to boast that things are bigger and better in Texas. They have a lot of pride in their state. And they should. Texas is home to Cooper's BBQ, and after trying one of their Big Chops, I have to agree. It's bigger and better than any pork chop I've tasted. Being from the south, I grew up on BBQ. Most of it was slathered in sauce, but that's not what BBQ is about. Real BBQ has been blessed by the grill, wood smoke and hot coals transforming a cut of meat into something truly extraordinary. I recently had a memorable experience with Cooper's BBQ and I didn't have to leave home. Texas came to me! I received The Texas Spread, and you'll be hearing all about it over the next couple of weeks! This first post will introduce you to The Big Chop. It's a center cut pork chop about 2" thick, cooked over mesquite coals to perfection. When I first opened the package, I thought it looked like a massive steak. The color was beautiful! I microwaved it according to the directions. I know what you're thinking. Microwave? It should be a sin. But trust them. It works. This pork chop was moist and delicious! This is one hefty portion. Two could easily make a meal out of one chop! The smokey flavor is intense! The pork next to the bone deserves it's own mention. It is more moist and flavorful, and it was unexpected! It literally melts in your mouth! At under $12 each, this is quite affordable. This would be a very special Father's Day or 4th of July treat! Check out Cooper's BBQ. Dine in or order online. Either way, your taste buds will never be the same!
To Disclose: Cooper's BBQ sent products for my review. No monetary compensation received. Honest opinions given!

No comments: