Friday, December 4, 2009

Stocking Stuffers For Mom! Skinnygirl Margarita!

 Santa, please drop a long skinny bottle into my stocking. But not just any bottle. I want a Skinnygirl Margarita, so I can celebrate the holidays without counting the calories. It's the perfect size and the perfect shape. I have been such a good girl this year! Recently I was sent a Skinnygirl Margarita! It is a ready-to-serve, pre-mixed cocktail and it's only 100 calories per serving! I am more of a rum fan, but I did pour a glass before passing the bottle to my husband! This cocktail smells nice and it is quite refreshing when served chilled! The flavors mingle nicely on my tongue, and I love that the tequila doesn't overpower the drink. The Skinnygirl Margarita was created with clear tequila, lime juice, and only a splash of citrus liquor, drastically reducing the calories of the traditional cocktail. All natural and lightly sweetened with Agave Nectar, it has only 100 calories in a full 4 oz serving. The flavor is very mild. A little too mild for my husband's taste, but for mine it was just right. The aftertaste is great and it made me regret giving my husband the bottle! I was left wanting another drink! Since my husband is quite the gentleman, I was able to reclaim my bottle. Skinnygirl Cocktails was created by none other than Bethenny Frankel. The name might ring a bell! Celebrity Natural Food Chef, The Real Housewives Of NYC, stand-alone star with an upcoming Bravo series, and published New York Times Best Selling author with a new book- Naturally Thin, she recently became engaged and is expecting her first little one! Congrats!!! Unfortunately, that might mean I have to wait on a rum cocktail (unless there is one out already?) because she very well can't extensively test the products for many long months! I'll be waiting patiently. In the meantime, I'll be sipping Skinnygirl Margaritas!
This post was meant for adults 21 and up! If you are nursing or pregnant, taking certain medications, or have a history of liver disease, you should avoid alcohol consumption.
To Disclose: I was sent a bottle of Skinnygirl Margarita in exchange for this review. Honest opinions are given. No monetary compensation received.

No comments: