Friday, October 2, 2009

Home Sweat Home - No That's Not A Typo. There's Nothing Sweet About It,Yet!

I promised another update, so here it is! The front of our house is beginning to look normal. We still need to paint the house, replace the front door, hang our front porch lights, and stain the walkway. The fountain is surrounded by potted plants (weeds if you must know) and concrete benches. There is an outdoor fireplace on the right side. This little garden is my favorite spot in the evenings, especially when the lights are on and the water is flowing. The spotlights cast a magical glow on the cascading water. It's a beautiful sight. I miss fall evenings and a glowing fire. I have not had glass of wine since we moved out. When we lived here, at least once a week I would make sure Logan was tucked into bed, and I would walk out and sip a glass of red wine, watch the fireflies and listen to the enchanting sounds from the fountain. I can almost feel the stress melt away just thinking about it. I can't wait to go home. We have all been hard at work. Below is my kitchen ceiling. We have gutted the drywall and bagged the blown-in insulation. We carefully bleached the interior framework and now we are beginning to put everything back. This weekend, my husband hung the ceiling in my kitchen. I tried to help, I promise, but I think I slowed him down. I can't lift much because I have had two back surgeries and a broken back between those painful surgeries, so I was there to make sure the drywall lift didn't fall and crush my husband. I did all this while watching two kids. I think we distracted him more than anything. But it was uplifting to see a solid ceiling after all this time. The good news is that more help is on the way. This time, an actual drywall installer/pro will be coming to help. I am crossing my fingers because at the rate we are going, it will be a few months before we are ready to paint. Now, it may be a couple of weeks! More good news? Our back yard was almost unusable thanks to debris (enormous piles of it!) left by "contractors". We are making our way though it, thanks to another great friend. God is great, and so are good friends. Without them, we would not be where we are today. More updates coming soon!

No comments: