Thursday, August 27, 2009

Prang Is Painting A Different Picture!

There are some scents I will never forget. Cookies baking in the oven, play doh, and a brand new box of crayons. I get warm and fuzzy when I smell these scents of my past. After discovering Prang, I had mixed emotions! I grew up with one brand, and I remember my first big box of crayons. Would Prang be as memorable for my kids? After receiving a box of their crayons, I was as eager as Logan to try them out. Opening the box, I inhaled deeply. The scent is not the same, but it has a lot of potential for becoming a favorite. I didn't like it more, and I didn't like it any less than the scents from my youth. Next, I noticed that these crayons were made with soy! Ah ha! The next generation of crayons, and Prang is leading the way! I was excited about this, but still skeptical that they would perform as well as the competitors. Putting crayon to paper, I was not let down. The rich colors glided across the paper, much more smoothly than any other crayon that I have tried. Blending seamlessly, the color seemed richer and more vivid. Next, I tried their Watercolors. My experience with watercolors is severely limited. I have experience with those flimsy sets sold next to coloring books. Some activity books that we have purchased have also come with their own sets of watercolors. I really did not know what to expect with the set from Prang. After opening the box, I first noticed that the oval pans of paint were easily removed and refillable! This is cool! Placing my finger on each pan of paint, I left a fingerprint. This is so different from the dry watercolors that I am used to!Using a small amount of water, I quickly realized what I had been missing. These paints are bright and the colors are intense. I always thought watercolors were watered down in appearance, but this experience has transformed my thinking. The next time you are out picking up art supplies, give Prang a try!

2 comments:

Rose ~ RedNeckWitch~ said...

Isn't it great to find a crayon that holds up to our childhood favorites, and standards?!

giselle said...

Prang is a great brand. I have the watercolor set at home and the color and adherence to paper is just great.

Bambi @ seminar tables