Friday, April 3, 2009

Dakin Farm. Real Smoked Ham

Ham is perfect for Easter and other holidays and celebrations! In my search for the perfect ham, I found a family business that seemed to be my answer. I was not familiar with Dakin Farm when I found them and I know from experience that it's hard to trust a company that you find online with a very important holiday meal, especially if you have not tasted their products. But the ham was cob smoked, which was intriguing, and they promised a guarantee for being the best. I crossed my fingers and hoped for the best. I was beginning to think that all hams were created equal, without any variation in taste. I received the Bone-In Spiral-Sliced Ham. This artisan ham is hand-glazed with Dakin Farm's very own Pure Vermont Maple Syrup. I usually hate maple glazes and toss out the packets that come with the ham, but this glaze enhanced the unique flavor of the ham. Most hams that I have tasted are smoked, but they lack the true smoked flavor that can be tasted throughout the ham. Up until now, I never realized what I have been missing. This ham was saturated with the most wonderful smokey flavor and the glaze was the perfect compliment. It is one of the juiciest hams that I have had the pleasure of tasting. The ham was rich and flavorful and it will fill your home with the most intoxicating aroma that is sure to be remembered long after it's gone. Dakin Farm Hams are celebrated by Bon Appetit and The Food Channel. If this is what Vermont tastes like, I may move! Visit www.dakinfarm.com to order! You will not be disappointed. They offer a wide variety of other gourmet products to tempt your tastebuds! Their turkey and breakfast favorites are calling my name!

No comments: