Saturday, April 9, 2016

For Extra Time Around The Family Table



I think I am going to like these lava stone steak sets. The first time we used it, it was so disappointing. We tried to cook regular full-size ribeyes and it wasn't hot enough. I don't think I could get it hot enough for large, thicker steaks unless I bought their special oven. The second time I used them, I set out shrimp and steak pieces. It worked great after heating the stones on the highest temperature in the oven. Next time, I will stick to slightly smaller steaks. The kids love being able to cook their own food and it gives us a little more time around the dinner table, which is always a bonus. We won't use them often, but it will be a treat when we do. I think the cost is okay considering what you get. It doesn't take a lot of storage because everything stacks. Clean up was simpler than I expected.


  • The Lava Stone Steak Set creates mouth-watering food, for use at home, dinner parties, or a gift. They can be used both indoors and outdoors.
  • Create mouth-watering food, for use at home, dinner parties or as a gift.
  • Simply preheat the rock, add your favourite sauces and sizzle away with the hot searing process trapping all the flavours and moisture inside your meat or fish. It's a great healthy way to eat with no oils or fats used in the cooking process. A wide variety of meat, fish and vegetables can be cooked on the rock.
  • Lava Stone, Bamboo Board, Stainless Steel Underplate, Rectangle Plate. All of the component parts that make up the Lava stone Steak Set have been specially sourced for their suitability. The wooden board must be wiped down while the rock can be washed in water but do not soak the stone. Includes: x6 Lava Stone (20cm x 13cm x 3cm) x6 Porcelain Rectangle Plate (20cm x 10cm x 2cm) x6 Stainless Steel Underplate (22cm x 14.5cm x 1cm) x6 Wooden Board (27cm x 24cm x 3cm) Weight 4kg Each
  • The Lava Stone Steak Set can be used sizzling hot or freezing cold. To heat your rock either place it in the oven for 60minutes or place on your gas or electric hob for 25-30minutes. Alternatively, you can purchase the ROXY12 rock oven (which you can purchase on this site) to heat your rocks up to 440c as they do commercially, thus extending the cook time even further. Using heat proof gloves or our stainless steel shovel /pick (which you can purchase on this site) you can move the rocks safely onto the bamboo board to sit onto of the stainless steel underplate. To Chill your rock place in the freezer for at least 4hrs, serving a variety of desserts!

To disclose: I bought these at full cost a few months ago and thought I would share my thoughts. The company was not aware that I would be reviewing this product and I have no current relationship with them. 

No comments: