Friday, May 4, 2012

Check Out This Cool Recall App!

 On February 15th SAP released its first-ever consumer facing mobile app, Recalls Plus, which enables busy parents, caretakers and anyone who interacts with young kids to proactively protect children from dangerous products.  Within the first week of its launch, Recalls Plus was featured by Apple in the “What’s Hot” and “New & Noteworthy” lists, but requests flooded in for the development of an Android app.  Users asked and SAP answered.  Today, SAP proudly announces the launch of the “Recalls Plus” Android version. 
Features of the Recalls Plus App include:
  • Proactively delivers timely recall alerts for the items on your Personal Watch List (a personalized list of the brands and products you wish to monitor)
  • Hand curates every product and food recall directly from government agencies (CPSC, NHTSA, FDA, USDA) for relevance to children and consolidates them in one place
  • Provides parents a simple, easy-to-use solution to track recall information and instantly share it with family and friends 
No longer must your readers wait until they stumble upon product recall information pushed out through mass media. Instead, they’re granted access to the latest recall news in the palm of their hand – on their iPhone, iPod touch, Facebook, or Android device.
I've spent the last hour or so using this app. I had no idea there were so many recalls! I guess I only hear about the major recalls in the news. This was a real eye opener for me. I love this App. I can set it for certain products or narrow it down by allergies. My kids are not allergic to food, but I am. Now I can tag an allergen and get an alert!!! I didn't think I would really use this app when asked to review it. I thought I'd try it and then uninstall it. That is not the case. I will be using this regularly and I'm even forwarding this to my sister-in-law. She isn't allergic to anything, but she has a baby and they have LOTS of baby things! This will keep them up to date on all the recalls. This is a really cool FREE App!

Disclosure: I was compensated for this post, but all opinions are mine.

No comments: