March 24th is National Chocolate Covered Raisin Day!
Last year, Raisinets helped us celebrate Logan and Sam's birthday. They filled our favor bags and made everyone smile! This year, we were asked to help Raisinets celebrate National Chocolate Covered Raisin Day! What an honor! They also want to fill 5 reader's mailboxes with the classic chocolate candy!
Did you know:
• All Nestlé Raisinets are produced in Burlington, Wisconsin. They are made with select California raisins and a unique blend of Nestlé Chocolate.
• Raisinets were first introduced in 1927 by the Blumenthal Chocolate Company. Back then, it took two-and-a-half hours to produce one batch of Raisinets! Now it takes between 45 and 60 minutes.
• Today, they produce more than 1 million Raisinets per hour! Slightly less than 30 million individual Raisinets each day!
• In 2010 they produced nearly 20 million pounds of Milk and Dark Chocolate Raisinets, which is equal to approximately 8 billion individual Raisinets. If you lined them up end-to-end, they’d stretch all the way around the earth about three-and-a-half times!
• Last year they used almost seven million pounds of raisins and more than 10 million pounds of Nestlé Chocolate to produce both Milk and Dark Chocolate Raisinets.
• Raisinets are the first chocolate covered raisin candy to have a cartoon series featured on its own YouTube channel! – www.youtube.com/raisinets
like them on Facebook! Don't be shy, say hi! For one entry each, follow me on Google/Networked Blogs/Facebook/Twitter. Be sure to leave comments for each entry! This giveaway ends 11:59 pm Thursday March 24. Winners will have 3 days to respond to my email before another winner is chosen. Good Luck!
Disclosure: Giveaways provided in exchange for this mention! No monetary compensation received! CashNet Sweepstakes