Saturday, February 5, 2011

Haier: Ultra Slim LED HDTV DVD Player Combo


I spent a lot of time in bed during the month of January because of one ailment or another. My goodness, sounds like I'm getting old, doesn't it? I'm not, but I've certainly felt like it recently. One thing is for certain, my bedrest has given me plenty of time to review my new Haier 22" 1080p Ultra Slim LED HDTV DVD Player Combo unit. I received it before Christmas and I didn't get the chance to really use it until after the holidays. Haier is proud that LED uses 30-40-percent less energy than standard LCD TVs. Eco-friendly LED is mercury-free and RoHS compliant by restricting the use of six hazardous materials. This sleek combo unit is packed with features including Haier’s USB Time Shift function. It allows users to have complete control of their viewing experience. Pause, Rewind, or Fast-forward the program you are watching. Just connect a USB drive to the USB input – different size USB memory will give you different time-length to playback. Easily pause to get a snack, fast-forward through commercials and press play. Pretty cool!



Key Features:


Ultra-slim Edge-lit 1080p LED HDTV

Resolution: 1920 x 1080

1 HDMI, 1 Component Video input, 1 PC input, 1 Composite A/V input and 1 Headphone jack

2x3W Speaker Output

3D Comb Filter

Auto Volume Leveler (AVL)

Clock with Sleep Timer

Dynamic Contrast: 600,000:1

English/Spanish/French On-screen menu

Multiple connections for Gaming, Computer and HD broadcasts

Remote

Response Time: 5.0ms

SRS TruSurround Sound XT

Tilt stand (detachable)

USB Input for MPEG2 Video, JPEG pictures and MP3 music playback

USB Time Shift

Now as a regular, not so tech savvy individual, I can tell you that I was impressed with the picture! I have been looking at new flat screen televisions for over a year. I had narrowed my choices to two brands and I thought they were the very best. Not so fast! Haier has surprised me. You get a lot of bang for your buck with this one. A 22 inch screen with a great DVD player. Perfect for RVs, bedrooms, kitchens, and your office. This attractive unit takes up very little space and it can be mounted to save even more space. It's lightweight and easy to set up. I couldn't wait to turn it on! The picture is crystal clear and it's so vivid! There is wonderful contrast and the colors are so life-like. The tilt stand threw my husband at first. When you set it up, the stand causes the unit to sit at an angle. After turning the unit on, we both forgot about the angle and enjoyed the show! The remote is easy to use and the built in speakers worked well in our cozy room! This ultra slim TV/DVD combo unit has changed my mind about having a TV in the bedroom. I don't think I could go without one now! Get yours at Amazon.com!
Disclosure: I was sent a combo unit in order to complete this review. No monetary compensation received.

No comments: