Saturday, August 28, 2010

Not Just Another Cookie!

I love sugar cookies, especially the decorated ones! Since I began my blog, I've had the pleasure of trying many variations. Recently, I was able to try a different sugar cookie! Sugar Cookie Couture sent Butterfly  Sugar Cookies for a very special event. When the cookies arrived, I eagerly opened them. Each decorated cookie was wrapped in a clear plastic sleeve, which was wrapped in bubble wrap. There was no way these cookies would break in transit! Every one of the cookies was in perfect condition, surviving the cross country adventure! The cookies were beautifully decorated. As far as the taste, well let me tell you all about it! The cookie was a little different from other sugar cookies I've tasted. This cookie was more cake-like and very moist. I could taste the butter and hint vanilla. The icing wasn't stiff, but soft and flavorful. The black icing outlines blurred a little into the lighter areas. Not bad, but the cookies were not quite as sharp as pictured. Of course I know our extreme heat wave was the culprit! Still, they made a beautiful presentation!
The cookies were very fresh when they arrived. They had a wonderful fresh baked scent when I opened the package that brought back wonderful memories from childhood and made me smile. They were buttery and rich, and the icing was sweet without being overly sweet. I could tell a lot of time was put into their creation and everyone loved them! They were beautiful to look at and a hit at the party! The Butterfly Sugar Cookies can be customized for your party theme! They make awesome shower and wedding favors and they are great to have on hand when you have a sweet tooth!
Disclosure: I was sent cookies in order to complete this review. No monetary compensation received and honest opinions given.

No comments: