Monday, September 21, 2009

Tomorrow, I Will Wake Up On The Other Side Of The Bed

Have you ever had one of those days where everything you do is wrong? Of course you have. Today is my day for mistakes and mishaps. This morning I awoke on my husband's side of the bed to Sam's piercing screams that would have had the neighbors peeking out of their windows if they had been home. But alas, it was already nine, and their work days had started. After only four hours of sleep, my day was beginning. too. Ready or not, this was it. Did I wake up on the wrong side of the bed? Possibly, and I am not taking any chances tomorrow. Maybe my woes result from my lack of sleep? Sam is teething and he is utterly miserable. He is burning with fever and I cannot tempt him with any of his usual treats. His moods are swinging from sad and sleepy to raging insomniac. Logan on the other hand has been quite the handful. Homeschooling is not without challenges. I just wish they would have happened any other day. Normally he gets up and begins his writing. Then he moves on to math, reading, history and science, followed by any other elective that we take on for the day. Today, he managed a few sentences and a little art, and that was after way too much prompting. It all has an impact on my day and it has resulted is several mental lapses that make me want to kick myself. From sending emails that had mistakes to cooking lunch and filling the entire house with smoke, today has been one heck of a day. I seriously need a rewind button. I had a couple of posts planned for today, but maybe it's best that I did not publish them? I am going to take a break for a few hours and re-evaluate my mental status. Hopefully I will get my posting done after the lights go out. Then all is quiet (hopefully) and I have only myself to blame if I post anything questionable!

No comments: